In order to prepare you for buying a new or used car, we have created a small guide of tips that will give you insight into what to do before you make the big decision. There are different benefits to buying a new or used car, and there are multiple ways to finance a car in various credit situations. There are a lot of factors that go into buying a car and we’re here to help.
- Know Your Credit Score: Knowing what type of credit you have will allow you to walk into a dealership and realistically know what type of offers you potentially qualify for. YoungMoney advises to check your credit score with these three bureaus: Experian, Equifax and TransUnion .
- Create a Budget: It’s important to know what kind of budget you have when it comes to buying a car. In different situations, buying a used car might be your best bet, in others; you could qualify for a better offer when buying a new car. If you have a lower credit score, purchasing a great used car could be a key step in helping to repair your credit.
- Do Your Research: It’s important to do some research before coming into a dealership. This will help you pinpoint what you’re looking for and, in turn, will make it easier for you to relay that information to your sales person.
- Bring Your Documents: If you’re serious about purchasing a car, it’s important to bring the proper documents with you. Be prepared with a recent pay stub, recent bill, driver’s license, and personal references (shoot for three).
- Look for Added Bonuses/Options: We offer discounts for recent college grads and military members and lots of others. If you’re not sure if you qualify for extra discounts, look online or simply ask your salesperson. Finding additional bonuses like these could definitely help when buying a new car. Also looking at other options like leasing, using a co-signer, or being a first-time buyer could all help you in the process of buying a car.
The most important step in buying a car, whether it is new or used, is to ask as many questions as possible. Don’t be afraid to go overboard when it comes to research because after all, you’re making a large, lifetime purchase. For additional information on what you can do before you decide to buy, give us a call at Crawford Buick GMC.