When you arrive at a car dealership, one of the first questions you’ll ask yourself is whether you intend to buy or lease your next vehicle. This decision and the reasoning behind it can be unique for each individual stepping onto the lot. Perhaps you always love driving new cars. Then leasing would be a clear choice for you. Maybe you get satisfaction out of seeing your payments fall to nothing. If so, buying a car would eventually lead you to this achievement of owning it outright. We have gathered together a mini comparison of buying vs. leasing to help you choose the best option for you.
- Monthly Payment. Monthly payments on a leased vehicle are typically lower than financing payments. This is because when you purchase a vehicle, your payments include the entire purchase price whereas lease payments are only on the vehicle’s depreciation.
- Frequency of Changing Vehicles. If you are someone who loves that genuine new car smell, you’d probably be a fan of leasing. The average lease lasts 2-3 years, meaning every 24-36 months you’d be driving a new vehicle. If you like changing vehicles that often and driving a new vehicle is a priority for you, leasing is your ideal choice.
- Warranties. When you lease a new vehicle for 36 months or less, all manufacturer warranties will cover the full lease term. Buying a car and financing it for 48 months or more means your warranty will expire before your finance term does. This could have you facing unknown repairs and costs for your vehicle.
- Mileage. After purchasing your vehicle you have the freedom to drive it as many miles as you want. However, lease payments are based on predetermined mileage and most leases only allow you to drive 12,000-15,000 miles per year. Going beyond this mileage limit could have you paying some pretty hefty fees for each mile you exceed. If road trips are your thing, leasing is probably not the best option for you.
- Vehicle Return. At the end of a lease you can return you vehicle and walk away. If you purchased your vehicle you would have to sell it or trade it in when you decide you want a different one.
Still can’t decide which route is best for you? Take our convenient online questionnaire to see what category your habits best fall under. Visit our El Paso dealership for any additional questions you may have. Our team will be happy to help!
The holidays are finally here! That means that Crawford Buick GMC is now offering great discounts on popular Buick vehicles during the Buick Holiday Event. Customers can take advantage of great leasing and financing specials on their favorite Buick vehicles like the 2012 Enclave, 2012 Lacrosse, 2013 Regal Turbo and the 2013 Verano.
The 2012 Buick Enclave can be purchased this winter at Crawford Buick with 0% APR financing for 72 months or $2,000 total cash back. The popular Enclave is one of the best luxury SUVs on the market, featuring a stylish exterior, roomy interior and great performance features. It drives a 3.6L V6 Direct Injection engine combined with Variable Valve Timing to deliver 288 horsepower and 270 lb-ft. of torque.
Customers looking to purchase the 2012 Buick Lacrosse have several great discounting options during the Buick Holiday Event as well. This winter, the Lacrosse can be purchased with the choice of 0% APR financing with $500 bonus cash or with $2,500 total cash back. The 2012 Lacrosse features a 2.4L 4-Cylinder engine that uses eAssist Technology to deliver an EPA-estimated 25 city/36 highway mpg fuel economy rating.
Two all-new Buick vehicles are also on sale during the Holiday Event too! The 2013 Buick Regal Turbo can be leased for $269 a month for 24 months while the 2013 Verano features a great leasing special of only $199 a months for 24 months. All 24-month leases also include two years of scheduled maintenance, OnStar and Sirius XM Satellite Radio during the sales event as well.
Stop by Crawford Buick GMC of El Paso, TX today and take advantage of these great holiday specials while they last! More information on the Buick Holiday Event can be found online at www.CrawfordBuickGMC.com/.
The Experience Buick leasing program offers all-inclusive premium services for two years, including OnStar, SiriusXM Satellite radio, and vehicle maintenance. Experience Buick is currently being offered at our El Paso dealership.
In each Experience Buick lease, a 24 month SmartCare vehicle maintenance program will take care of scheduled service maintenance like oil changes, oil filter changes, tire roatations, and chassis lubrication.
The Onstar service aboard each Buick driven through Experience Buick can provide security, connectivity, and help in an emergency. The Automatic Crash Response system will alert an OnStar Advisor automatically in the event of a crash. Stolen Vehicle assistance can work with the authorities to assist in quickly recovering a stolen car. Turn-by-Turn Directions is also available to keep drivers from getting lost, and the Hands Free Calling system will help keep driver’s eyes on the road instead of dialing.
The Sirius XM Satellite Radio service is also included in a 24 month Experience Buick lease. With Sirius XM, crisp radio channels deliver the best in music, comedy, and news, while the NavTraffic system shows detailed traffic reports vital to the commute.
Stop by the Crawford Buick GMC dealership in El Paso to see our wide selection of quality Buick vehicles available to you under the Experience Buick program. Visit us online at www.crawfordautos.com to learn more.